Drupal development has become a very important tool for building prodigious websites. Use if the important considering the significance of Drupal, web development companies spent a huge amount of thought process while hire hiring a Drupal developer. This is because of the fact that if you have hired an inexperienced Drupal developer, it will cost the company with great losses.
Here is the list of blunders by developers which must be avoid by Drupal developers.
- They apply custom coding for every procedure: developers need to understand that coding is not the solution for every problem. Time tested solutions should be applied instead of experimenting with coding every time. Drupal offers a range of solutions for different prospects as they have variety of modules summing up the processes and most importantly they are bug tested to ensure error free work without any delay. Therefore, instead of going for coding as your only source of troubleshoot, better go for downloaded modules to complete the process as it can save plenty of time and resources.
- Utilize the Drupal cache properly: proper cache configuration is crucial to the entire development process and companies do consider that aspect while hiring a Drupal developer. This is because if an inexperience developer is hired which performs the configuration task improperly, it will result in increased loading time for the website which is not at all an option for the developers. For that matter there are a plenty of modules available which can be utilized by an experienced developer to enhance the performance of the cache system.
- They didn’t pay much attention to the instruction manual: while downloading the modules, companies provide an instruction manual alongside to make the developer’s job easy. However, developers must look at the instruction manual carefully, if avoided, can result in unwanted complications.
- No backup system: To ensure the website back up system would be the priority of any professional developer. This is because the module download is quite a husky task which involves the possibilities of myriad mistakes, bugs and errors. In case of any delinquent a backup system will help you to restore the system to the previous standpoint.
- SEO: Develop a site without considering the SEO requirement is the biggest mistake a Drupal developer can commit. Whatever the crux of the structure is, the success of a website is measured but the effectiveness on search engines ranking. That’s why it is important to develop a site which at maximum SEO friendly to ensure flying ranking on Search engines.